Saturday, May 28, 2011

Corruption Amongst Societies

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Admin
Date


Sukihotu,


Some of you have served in social society. Where you've put-in effort to bring benefit to your friends and members in your community. I close my palms and say Sadhu to you. Well done. May your good effort brings good health and peace of mind to you and and your family.

But among the few who have genuinely served your respective societies, there is a large number of people out there taking advantage of the society by reaping for themselves only. These no-good people lack the basic understanding of volunteerism. They have no understanding that a society or an association is formed for the purpose of helping its members. Not otherwise.

I feel disgusted to see most of the elected President and some Executive Committee (Exco members) became corrupted. I've witness so many unhealthy dealings taken place right in front of my sees.

I've seen dirty tricks taken place in society for inventors where I was an active member. I've seen the President getting projects from government and private companies. These projects are brought-in in the name of the society. But when there is a profits to be made the project goes into their personal company. These people has no shame. They literary milk the cow. They don't care about their members.

I can safely say that none of these inventors' society and association in Malaysia is sincere about helping the members. Inventor who have new ideas need help. We (the inventor) need a lot of guidance and support. Especially bringing the new invention into the market place. But we don't get the necessary help from the societies.

Greed has taken over them. False illusion is another factor that have sent them to believe that once they are elected into power, they can do anything they like. How stupid of them. But that's what is happening in the world today.

But what really sadden me is that I've also seen such corrupt practice happening in religious societies. Including Buddhist temples. How sad.

I've seen fake monks in saffron robes taking control over a temple and shut the door to its devotees. I've seen a Buddhist temple taken control by a husband and wife team. And they run as though the multi million dollar temple is their personal property.

I'm already 50 years old and have seen the good side and ugly side of the operation of the various societies and associations in Malaysia. I'm glad I've the Dhamma in me and knew how to handle such situation. That is, I'll leave the society when I'm convinced that corrupt practice has taken place.

"Avoid the fools. Associate with the wise" said the Buddha

Nevertheless I normally do not harbor ill feelings for these wrong doers. I always remind myself that he is the owner of his own kamma. Therefore I know one day sooner or later he'll get what he sowed.

Though at times when I leave the society I cut-off tides with them. But that does not necessary mean that I cut them off completely. Deep in my hearth I prayed that they will change. I'll always be on standby and readily assist them if they wished to get some advise from me. And if over the years I see them turning a new leaf and become good. I would welcome them with great delight.

I hope this sharing make sense to you.

May you be well and happy always.

Mettacittena
28th May 2011



0 comments:

Post a Comment