Friday, August 5, 2011

Spirit must be above the law

Friday, August 5, 2011

Admin
Date


Sukihotu,


I hope you are well and fine.

When I was a school boy I played a lot of cricket. The game has taught me so many things in life. It has also provide me many happy moments. Most of the championship material that I've in me today was the result of playing this gentlemen game

My friend, R Nadeswaran recently wrote an article in the Sun Daily newspaper, which I thought is worth sharing it here with you. Like in any sport there are controversial and the last one happened on a test match between India and England.

And Nades has this to say :--

" There is a thin line between "law" and "spirit", sometimes intertwined, depending on the situation and circumstances. There's no template or formula which can be applied. But it must be remembered that cricket started as a sport - not as business"

I think what Nades said here is true and it can also be applied to many things in life, at home, at work, with friends and colleagues. That's how we should life our lives "place spirit above laws"

I'm glad the Indian team withdrew their appeal and allowed Ian Bell to resume batting. That's the true spirit of sport.

Pls read the full article which Nades wrote here

Mettacittena
6th Aug 2011



0 comments:

Post a Comment