Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lee Yu Ban

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Admin
Date





Sukihotu

Today, I thought I share with you news of some good work carried out by my good friend Mr. Lee Yu Ban. Yu Ban was one of the first person I met when I first contacted the Dhamma 9 years ago. I met Yu Ban when I send my 2 young daughters to a Buddhist temple nearby our house for Sunday school. It didn't take long for us to get to know each other and we have became good friends ever since.

About 5 years ago, when Air Asia gave out free seats to promote it's airline service to Asean countries. Yu Ban and his wife visited Cambodia. That trip has opened Yu Ban's eyes on the need to rebuild this war torn country. Yu Ban then took upon himself to help the people of Cambodia. He has made many trips and brought so much aids along with him.

Through his effort, he has printed more than 65,000 Dhamma books in Khemer language. He and his friends has sponsored more than 24 monks for Buddhist studies in University. He has touched many people lives in remote villages and temples.

Here is a link to an article I wrote abt Yu Ban's solo effort. And here is the latest up-date from his trip to Cambodia.

I think he is a great guy. He walked the talk.

21st Feb 2011



0 comments:

Post a Comment